On June 28, 2010 the Victorian Environmental Assessment Council (VEAC) released the ‘Remnant Native Vegetation Investigation Discussion Paper’.
The Discussion Paper provides detailed information about the connectivity, condition, issues and challenges around remnant native vegetation in Victoria. The paper takes a strategic approach to this wealth of information – the Council does not propose to make land use recommendations for each of the thousands of individual public land reserves across Victoria.
More information, especially about remnant native vegetation in our region and across Victoria, will be provided at a series of workshops.
The workshops will be held at:
• BENDIGO: 10:00am-2:00pm, Tuesday 20 July 2010; Federation Room, Hotel Shamrock, Corner Pall Mall and Williamson Street, Bendigo
• MILDURA: 11:00am-3:00pm, Wednesday 21 July 2010; Banksia Room, DSE Offices, Corner Eleventh Street & Koorlong Avenue, Irymple
• HAMILTON: 10:00am-2:00pm, Thursday 22 July 2010; RMIT, 200 Ballarat Road, Hamilton
• DANDENONG: 10:00am-2:00pm, Tuesday 27 July 2010; Palm Plaza meeting room, McCrae St, Dandenong
• BENALLA: 10:00am-2:00pm, Wednesday 28 July 2010; Room 1, DSE Offices, 89 Sydney Road, Benalla
• HORSHAM: 10:00am-2:00pm, Thursday 29 July 2010; Yellow Gum Room, DPI Offices, 110 Natimuk Road, Horsham
• MELBOURNE CBD: 10:00am-2:00pm, Tuesday 3 August 2010; Brennan Hall, Mary Aitkenhead Centre, St Vincent’s Hospital, 27 Victoria Parade (near Nicholson St), Fitzroy.
• TRARALGON: 10:00am-2:00pm, Wednesday 4 August 2010; Room 1, DSE Offices, 71 Hotham Street, Traralgon
VEAC will provide lunch so any staff interested in attending one of these workshops should contact Paul Peake. Please note that if you have already registered to attend a workshop, you don’t need to do so again.
If you have any queries, about the workshops then please contact Paul (details below) or the VEAC office (phone: (03) 9637 9902).
Project Manager, Victorian Environmental Assessment Council
Level 6/8 Nicholson Street, East Melbourne, VIC 3002
ph: (03) 9637 9896; mob: 0408 315 407
email: email@example.com; web: www.veac.vic.gov.au
Filed under the cateogry Events, Planning and Information Sheets, Uncategorized